- Examination regulations for Master's programs of MIN faculty (2012)
- Program specific regulations for Technomathematik/Industrial Mathematics (GER); study begin after October 2019
- Program specific regulations Industrial Mathematics(GER); study begin before October 2019
- Study language: English
- Program start: summer term (April 1st) or winter term (October 1st)
- Study length: 4 semester
- Application deadlines: June 1st - July 15th oder December 1st - January 15th
- Here you can find more on the application.
Our Master's degree program in Technomathematik/Industrial Mathematics comprises courses in mathematics (min. 40%), computer science and engineering (together min. 20%). The Applied Mathematics is represented by the Department of Mathematics at Hamburg University. The programme started in October 2014.
You have to attend compulsory courses in applied mathematics at the amount of at least 46 European Credit Transfer Points (ECTP). It is mandatory to complete one mathematical seminar at least. In addition, you are asked to attend courses from mathematics, computer science and engineering sciences, respectively. In total you are asked to collect at least 20 ECTP in engineering sciences or computer science combined. Additionally you can choose freely among courses from both universities for a total of 16 ECTP. Finally, in your Master Thesis (30 ECTP) you will be invited to join one of our research groups in applied mathematics. After receiving a Master's degree, you may apply for admission to PhD studies.
Enrolment is possible twice a year, for the start of either the winter or the summer term. If you intend to enter the programme for October, please submit your application between June 1 and July 15. If you intend to enter the programme for April, please submit your application between December 1 and January 15. Prerequisites for admission are a Bachelor degree in mathematics, engineering, physics, computer science or a related area.