Applications are accepted from
June 1 - July 15 for the winter term (starting October 1st) and December 1 - January 15 for the summer term (starting April 1st) each year.
Applications have to be submitted online via STiNE (the central student server of the university).
To help the selection committee make its decision, your application should include the following documents:
- The pdf of the online application form (in English)
- Copy of the degree certificate or provisional Transcript of Records
If you are still studying when you apply and cannot yet provide a final certificate containing your grades, please submit your current Transcript of Records confirming your provisional grade point average. You will then need to submit your degree certificate by the end of the first semester of your master’s program.
You are eligible, if you can prove that you have gained at least 90 credit points in mathematical courses with engineering specification or engineering courses with mathematical specification, respectively*
- Current transcript of records with grade point average (GCPA)
- Copy of your higher education entrance qualification (i.e. High School diploma or equivalent). Copies in English or German are accepted. If your diploma is in another language, please enclose a copy of a certified translation
- Your Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- A short personal statement (no more than 15 lines) on why you wish to make your degree in Industrial Mathematics
- Your proficiency in English
- You may provide further evidence of work experience or other relevant qualifications
*If you are unsure, whether your curriculum fits the requirements, please have a look at the module handbook of TUHH's BSc Technomathematik.
The copies of your documents need not to be certified. Copies in English or German are accepted. If your certificates are written neither in English nor in German, please enclose a certified translation.
Proficiency in English
Your proficiency in English will be considered as proven if at least one of the following applies to you:
- You have passed a test within CEFR/TELC at level B2
- You have passed the IELTS test with a score of at least 5.0
- You have passed the TOEFL test with 72 credits in the internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
- You have passed Cambridge Certificate of Advanced English (CAE), of Proficiency in English (CPE), Higher Business English Certificate (BEC), First Certificate in English (FCE)
- You have a degree from a Bachelor degree program taught in English language
- You have a high school diploma accepted at English language universities
- You have spent at least 6 months in an English speaking country
- You have participated in English classes at a German-speaking school for at least seven years.
- We recommend that you be able to follow courses and seminars in English as well as in German.