Application deadlines for enrolment are as follows:
for courses starting in October of that year (Winter's term): June 1 - July 15
for courses starting in April of that year (Summer's term): Dezember 1 - January 15
Applications must be submitted online via our central student server, STiNE. After submitting the application in STiNE, the complete application documents must be sent to the following e-mail address: bewerbung.math"AT"uni-hamburg.de. If you have any difficulties with the online application process, please do not hesitate to contact us directly.
Your application must include the following documents:
- A signed printout of your online application form
- A curriculum vitae
- A short personal statement (no more than 15 lines) on why you wish to make your degree in Industrial Mathematics
- A copy of your university entry qualification (i.e. High School diploma or equivalent). Copies in English or German are accepted.
- If your diploma is in another language, please enclose a certified translation.
- A copy of the degree certificate of your Bachelor in Industrial Mathematics, Mathematics (with specification in Engineering), Engineering (with specification in Mathematics) or equivalent, including a transcript of your grades. You are eligible, if you can prove that you have gained at least 90 credit points in mathematical courses with engineering specification or engineering courses with mathematical specification, respectively.*
Your documents must contain your CGPA and the means to convert it into German grading system, minimum passing grade and maximum grade possible. If it is not possible to convert your CGPA, it will be set as minimum passing grade.
- If you have not yet received your Bachelor's degree at the time of application, please send instead a transcript of records indicating that you will complete your undergraduate studies by October 1st for the winter term, or April 1st for the summer term. In this case, we must receive your degree certificate by December 15th (or June 15th, respectively).
- The copies of your documents need not to be certified. Copies in English or German are accepted. If your certificates are in another language, please enclose a certified translation.
Extra note on the application process:
Your online application must have the status 'sent' or 'received' in STiNE or else you didn't formally apply for admission.
When admission letters are published can be found here under 'Master's degree programs'. This date is the same for ALL applicants, national and international.
Your application must reach our office not later than 15 January or 15 July respectively. If it reaches us later than that your application will NOT be reviewed by the admissions committee.
*If you are unsure, whether your curriculum fits the requirements, please have a look at the module handbook of TUHH's BSc Technomathematik.
Proficiency in English
Your proficiency in English will be considered as proven if at least one of the following applies to you:
- You have passed a test within CEFR/TELC at level B2
- You have passed the IELTS test with a score of at least 5.0
- You have passed the TOEFL test with 72 credits in the internet-based test (TOEFL iBT)
- You have passed Cambridge FCE, CAE or CPE
- You have a degree from an English language bachelor degree program
- You have a high school diploma accepted at English language universities
- You have spent at least 6 months in an English speaking country
- You have learnt English at a German language school for at least seven years
We recommend that you be able to follow courses and seminars in English as well as in German.