Information for Students
Consider visiting our frequently ask questions section which answers many queries regarding your program and course registration.
Courses and registration
Online course catalog for Hamburg University
Click here for the course catalog in STiNE.
In order to see all courses offered by the department of mathematics, do the following:
- Choose course catalog on the STiNE main page (if necessary, first switch to English on the upper right hand side of the desktop before that)
- Click on ‘Search in course catalog’
- Choose the semester you want to search in
- Enter 65- in course offer no., then click on search.
- Our course numbers fit the pattern 65-XXX.
If you want to find information about how to register properly please take a look at the presentation for orientation in the master's degree programs from Winter 2022/23 (prep course) (pdf)
Here you can find the registration periods for University of Hamburg.
Special registration for retaking a course:
If you have already attended a course and need to retake it, you may register for the lecture as before. For the exercise class you need to register as auditor via ‘Open courses’ in your ‘Studying’ tab in STiNE.
You can register for the exam as you would for your first try.
Preparation and orientation course
Before each Winter’s semester we offer a voluntary preparation course for all new Master’s students to ease the beginning of your studies at University of Hamburg.
Subsequent to that, we offer an orientation course to familiarize you with our student info network STiNE, how to register for courses and exams and other general topics. All new students will receive an email well beforehand in order to participate if interested.
Here you can find the presentation for orientation in the master's degree programs from Winter 2021/22 (prep course):
Presentation by Mrs. Meier zu Verl (coordinator M.Sc. Mathematical Physics, M.Sc. Technomathematics, M.Sc. Business Mathematics) and Mr. Rogaczewski (coordinator M.Sc. Mathematics) (pdf)
- Uni Hamburg Campus Center
- Center for Academic Advising and Psychological Counseling
- Publication "Studi-Navigator"