Location / Directions
You will find us in the "Geomatikum" at the crossing of the streets "Bundesstraße" and "Beim Schlump". For more details, please zoom in on the map of the Campus Navigator below this text. By clicking on one of the points on the map, you will get further details in a new window.
Hotel accommodations and guesthouses
To find one of the many places to stay near the Geomatikum, please use the website of Hamburg Tourismus GmbH.
This is how you get to us...
- ... from the airport: (single fare: 3.60 €)
- S-Bahn line until stop "Ohlsdorf", then Underground until stop "Kellinghusenstraße" (direction of Farmsen) and finally Underground until "Schlump" (direction of Wandsbek-Gartenstadt)
(work days every 10 minutes, total driving time approx. 25 Minuten)
- ... from the main station (Hauptbahnhof): (single fare: 2.50 €)
- – lines , or until "Sternschanze" (work days at least every 8 minutes, driving time 6 minutes)
– or line from "Hauptbahnhof-Nord" until "Schlump" (work days every 5 minutes, driving time 7 minutes)
– or line from "Hauptbahnhof-Süd" until "Schlump" (work days every 5 minutes, driving time 14 minutes with beautiful (above ground) route along the harbour)
- ... from the long-distance train station Hamburg-Altona: (single fare: 1.90 €)
- – lines oder until "Sternschanze" (work days at least every 10 minutes, driving time 6 minutes)
– or Bus line until "U Schlump" or "Bundesstraße" (fare:2.50 €) (work days every 10 minutes, driving time 12 minutes)
- ... by car:
- Since the number of parking spaces around the Geomatikum is very limited, you should avoid arriving by car. The overview map offered by Google-Maps allows you to zoom and change the map area. If you do decide to come by car, you have to calculate about 3 Euro per hour with a maximum allowed time of three hours.
- Bus lines , , and night bus —→ Stop "U Schlump"
- Underground lines and , —→ Stop "Schlump"
- S-Bahn lines , and —→Stop "Sternschanze" (approx. 500 m walk through Schanzenpark)
- Long-distance railway, Hamburg-Dammtor station (approx. 1500 m walk through Edmund-Siemers-Allee and Bundesstraße)
Overview map of the rapid trains, current HVV timetables and fares
Personal timetables as well as time tables at the stops are also provided by the HVV's Geofox server.
- Tickets of Deutsche Bahn AG with destination "Hamburg" are also valid on the S-Bahn on the transport way connection Hauptbahnhof - Sternschanze - Altona.
- If you would also like to use underground trains or buses, you will need a ticket from the Hamburger Verkehrsverbund. It is a good idea to buy a "9 a.m. day ticket". It is valid from 9 a.m. on weekdays, all day on weekends and public holidays, and allows as many rides as you like in the greater Hamburg area ("Ringe A und B"): €6.60.
- A 3-days-ticket for the greater Hamburg area ("Ringe A and B") is available for: 29.90 €, known as "Hamburg CARD".
Current as of March 2023, no responsibility is accepted for the accuracy of this information.