The 'Request Tracker' is our trouble ticket-system for support requests .
The Request Tracker assures that no support request or information will be lost or its processing delayed. Precise requests facilitate and speed up its processing.
Please send your support request via E-Mail (
For Macintosh computer-requests please write into the subject line '[MAC]'.
All requests will be stored in a database.
Here is a guideline for posting a request:
The DO's and DON'Ts for requests to the Request Tracker
In case of an IT related problem write an E-Mail to rt"AT"math.uni-hamburg.de.
The following is preferred:
Please provide us as much information as possible:
- Into the subject line write your name, room- and telephone number, the number from the yellow sticker on the device (this might be the computer-, display-, or printer number) and keywords
(e.g. Peters, room 212, phone -5175: 11461 network problems).
- For Macintosh computer-requests please write into the subject line '[MAC]'.
- Write additional and detailed information into the E-Mail content:
- if necessary an (external) E-Mail address to which should be answered
- device type, number on the yellow sticker and if necessary the operating system you are working with
- a detailed description of the problem and any error prompts the system might show
- a description of what you've done before the problem ocurred
- actions you've already taken to try to solve the problem
- Citing the complete correspondence. Please DON'T keep the complete E-Mail content in your answers. If necessary cite any paragraph which is related to your answer. Keep in mind, that the E-Mail correspondence is stored into a database, which should be kept as small as possible.
- Avoid long signatures. Long signatures reduce the readability of the process in the request tracker, enlarge the database and reduce the speed of full text-search within the request tracker.
Thanks a lot for your help!