Dr. Yurii Khomskii
Bereich Mathematische Logik und interdisziplinäre Anwendungen der Logik
Bundesstraße 55 (Geomatikum)
Tel: +49 40 42838-3313
I am a lecturer at the Amsterdam University College and Privatdozent at Hamburg University, in the Mathematical Logic group
headed by Prof. Benedikt Löwe. Prior to that, I was a Marie Sklodowska-Curie research fellow in Hamburg and a postdoctoral researcher at the
Kurt Gödel Research Center for
Mathematical Logic at the University of Vienna, under leadership of
Prof. Sy David Friedman.
I obtained my PhD at the
University of Amsterdam in 2012, under the supervision of Benedikt Löwe and Jörg Brendle, and my Habilitation at the University of Hamburg in 2018.
My research interests are in mathematical logic and set theory, specifically the
structure of the real line, descriptive set theory and forcing.
My complete CV can be found here.
- A General Setting for the Pointwise Investigation of Determinacy, Proceedings of the Third Indian Conference on Logic
and Applications, (Eds.) R. Ramanujam and Sundar Sarukkai, Springer LNAI 5378, 2009, pp 187--197.
- William of Sherwood, Singular Propositions and the Hexagon of Opposition, Jean-Yves Beziau and Gillman Payette (eds.), New Perspectives
on the Square of Opposition, Peter Lang, Bern, 2010.
- Polarized partitions on the second level of the projective hierarchy, with Jörg Brendle, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 163, 2012. pp 1345-1357.
- Mad families constructed from perfect almost disjoint families, with Jörg Brendle, Journal of Symbolic Logic 78:4 , pp. 1164-1180.
- Co-analytic mad families and projective well-orders, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Archive for Mathematical Logic 52:7-8, 2013, pp 809-822.
- Projective Hausdorff gaps, Archive for Mathematical Logic 53:1-2, 2014, pp 57-64.
- Cichon's diagram, regularity properties and Δ13 sets of reals, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Archive for Mathematical Logic 53:5-6, 2014, pp 695-729.
- Measure, category, and projective well-orders, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Journal of Logic and Analysis 6, Paper 8, 2014 (25 pp)
- Regularity properties on the generalized reals, with Sy Friedman and Vadim Kulikov,
Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 167:4, 2016, pp 408-430
- Questions on Generalised Baire Spaces,
with Giorgio Laguzzi, Benedikt Löwe and Ilya Sharankou, Mathematical Logic Quarterly 62:4-5, August 2016,
- Almost disjoint refinements and mixing reals,
with Barnabas Farkas and Zoltán Vidnyánszky, Fundamenta Mathematicae 242 (2018), pp 25-48.
- Full-splitting Miller trees and infinitely often equal reals, with Giorgio Laguzzi,
Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 168:8, 2017, pp 1491–1506.
- Cofinalities of Marczewski ideals, with Jörg Brendle and
Wolfgang Wohofsky, Colloquium Mathematicum 150 (2017), pp 269-279.
- Filter-Laver measurability, Topology and its Applications, to appear.
- Definable maximal independent families, with Vera Fischer and Jörg Brendle, Proceedings AMS, Volume 147: 8 (2019) pp 3547-3557
- Laver trees in the generalized Baire space, with Marlene Koelbing, Giorgio Laguzzi and Wolfgang Wohofsky, in preparation.
- Symbiosis and Upwards Reflection, with Lorenzo Galeotti and Jouko Väänänen, in preparation.
- Eventually different trees, in preparation.
- Banach Algebras, Bachelor Thesis, Leiden University. (Supervisor: Dr. Marcel de Jeu)
- Regularity Properties and Determinacy, Master Thesis, University of Amsterdam. (Supervisor: Dr. Benedikt Löwe)
- Regularity Properties and Definability in the Real Number Continuum, PhD Thesis, University of Amsterdam, 2012. ILLC Dissertation Series DS-2012-
04. (Supervisor: Benedikt Löwe, co-supervisor: Jörg Brendle)
- Habilitationsschrift: Cardinal Characteristics, Regularity Properties, Definability and the Structure of the
Real Line and the Generalised Real Line
- June 2019
- Research Topics in Set Theory, ILLC
- Spring 2019
- Logic, Information Flow and Argumentation, AUC.
- Statistics for Sciences, AUC
- January 2019
- Fall 2018
- June 2018
- Advanced Topics in Set Theory, June Project, ILLC.
- January 2018
- June 2017
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2013
- June 2013
- Fall 2011
- Spring 2011
- Summer 2010
- Fall 2008
- Spring 2008
- Fall 2007
- Colloquium Logicum 2016 (biannual DVMLG meeting), Hamburg, Germany.
- Mini-symposium in Set Theory, DMV 2015, Hamburg, Germany.
- Amsterdam workshop in set theory, 26-27 May, 2009 (satellite workshop to the PhD defense of Brian Semmes)
- In the period 2009-2011, I was co-organizer of the Logic Tea at the University of Amsterdam
- Amsterdam workshop in set theory, 1-2 June, 2010 (satellite workshop to the PhD defense of Daisuke Ikegami)
Latest update: 10.06.2019