Dr. Yurii Khomskii
Bereich Mathematische Logik und interdisziplinäre Anwendungen der Logik
Bundesstraße 55 (Geomatikum)
Tel: +49 40 42838-3313
I am a postdoctoral researcher working at the University of Hamburg,
in the Mathematical Logic group
headed by Prof. Benedikt Löwe.
Prior to that, I was a postdoctoral researcher at the
Kurt Gödel Research Center for
Mathematical Logic at the University of Vienna, under leadership of
Prof. Sy David Friedman.
I obtained my PhD at the
University of Amsterdam, under the supervision of Benedikt Löwe and Jörg Brendle.
My research interests are in mathematical logic and set theory, specifically the
structure of the real line, descriptive set theory and forcing.
My complete CV can be found here.
- A General Setting for the Pointwise Investigation of Determinacy, Proceedings of the Third Indian Conference on Logic
and Applications, (Eds.) R. Ramanujam and Sundar Sarukkai, Springer LNAI 5378, 2009, pp 187--197.
- William of Sherwood, Singular Propositions and the Hexagon of Opposition, Jean-Yves Beziau and Gillman Payette (eds.), New Perspectives
on the Square of Opposition, Peter Lang, Bern, 2010.
- Polarized partitions on the second level of the projective hierarchy, with Jörg Brendle, Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 163, 2012. pp 1345-1357.
- Mad families constructed from perfect almost disjoint families, with Jörg Brendle, Journal of Symbolic Logic 78 (4), pp. 1164-1180.
- Co-analytic mad families and projective well-orders, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Archive for Mathematical Logic 52:7-8, 2013, pp 809-822.
- Projective Hausdorff gaps, Archive for Mathematical Logic 53:1-2, 2014, pp 57-64.
- Cichon's diagram, regularity properties and Δ13 sets of reals, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Archive for Mathematical Logic 53:5-6, 2014, pp 695-729.
- Measure, category, and projective well-orders, with Vera Fischer and Sy Friedman, Journal of Logic and Analysis 6, Paper 8 (2014) (25 pp)
- Regularity properties on the generalized reals, with Sy Friedman and Vadim Kulikov,
Annals of Pure and Applied Logic 167 (4), 2016, pp. 408-430
- Questions on Generalised Baire Spaces,
with Giorgio Laguzzi, Benedikt Löwe and Ilya Sharankou, Mathematical Logic Quarterly 62:4-5, August 2016,
- Almost disjoint refinements and mixing reals,
with Barnabas Farkas and Zoltán Vidnyánszky, Fundamenta Mathematicae, to appear.
- Full-splitting Miller trees and infinitely often equal reals, with Giorgio Laguzzi,
Annals of Pure and Applied Logic, to appear (DOI: 10.1016/j.apal.2017.02.001).
- Cofinalities of Marczewski ideals, with Jörg Brendle and
Wolfgang Wohofsky, Colloquium Mathematicum, to appear.
- Filter-Laver measurability, submitted.
- Regularity Properties from Large Cardinals, with Rachid Atmai and Sy David Friedman, in preparation.
- Uncountable Levels of Paradise, with Giorgio Laguzzi and Wolfgang Wohofsky, in preparation.
- Projective maximal independent families, with Jörg Brendle, in preparation.
- Banach Algebras, Bachelor Thesis, Leiden University. (Supervisor: Dr. Marcel de Jeu)
- Regularity Properties and Determinacy, Master Thesis, University of Amsterdam. (Supervisor: Dr. Benedikt Löwe)
- Regularity Properties and Definability in the Real Number Continuum, PhD Thesis, University of Amsterdam, 2012. ILLC Dissertation Series DS-2012-
04. (Supervisor: Benedikt Löwe, co-supervisor: Jörg Brendle.)
- Spring 2016
- Fall 2013
- June 2013
- Fall 2011
- Spring 2011
- Summer 2010
- Fall 2008
- Spring 2008
- Fall 2007
In the past, I have organized the following academic activites:
Latest update: 15.10.2016