Tel.: +49 40 42838-5135
Fax: +49 40 42838-5190
pawel.sosna (at) math.uni-hamburg.de
My research interests are algebraic geometry and homological algebra. In particular, I think about derived categories of coherent sheaves on surfaces, autoequivalences of Calabi-Yau and hyperkähler manifolds, cubic fourfolds, stability conditions on triangulated categories and differential graded categories.
Articles and preprints
- Some remarks on phantom categories and motives
- (with Chr. Böhning and H.-Chr. Graf v. Bothmer) Some properties of dynamical degrees with a view towards cubic fourfolds
- (with Chr. Böhning and H.-Chr. Graf v. Bothmer) On the dynamical degrees of reflections on cubic fourfolds
- (with A. Krug) Equivalences of equivariant derived categories, J. Lond. Math. Soc. 92 (2015), no. 1, 19-40
- (with A. Krug) On the derived category of the Hilbert scheme of points on an Enriques surface, Selecta Math. (N.S.) 21 (2015), no. 4, 1339-1360
- (with D. Ploog) On autoequivalences of some Calabi-Yau and hyperkähler varieties, Int. Math. Res. Not. 2014, no. 22, 6094-6110 [IMRN].
- (with Chr. Böhning and H.-Chr. Graf v. Bothmer) On the Jordan-Hölder property for geometric derived categories, Adv. Math. 256 (2014), 479-492 [ScienceDirect]; the preprint is [here].
- (with Chr. Böhning, H.-Chr. Graf v. Bothmer and L. Katzarkov) Determinantal Barlow surfaces and phantom categories, J. Eur. Math. Soc. 17 (2015), no. 7, 1569-1592 [EMS-PH].
- (with Chr. Böhning and H.-Chr. Graf v. Bothmer) On the derived category of the classical Godeaux surface, Adv. Math. 243 (2013), 203-231 [ScienceDirect]; the preprint is [here].
- Scalar extensions of triangulated categories, Appl. Categ. Structures 22 (2014), no. 1, 211-227 [SpringerLink].
- Linearisations of triangulated categories with respect to finite group actions, Math. Res. Lett. 19 (2012), no. 5, 1007-1020 [InternationalPress].
- Fourier-Mukai partners of canonical covers of bielliptic and Enriques surfaces, Rend. Semin. Mat. Univ. Padova 130 (2013), 203-213 [EMS-PH].
- Stability conditions under change of base field, Math. Nachr. 285 (2012), no. 2-3, 364-376 [WileyOnlineLibrary].
- Derived equivalent conjugate K3 surfaces, Bull. Lond. Math. Soc. 42 (2010), no. 6, 1065-1072 [pdf]; the slightly longer arXiv-version is here: [arXiv:0905.4333].
- Derived categories and scalar extensions, Bonner Mathematische Schriften 400 (my PhD thesis at the University of Bonn, 2010) [pdf].
- Tensor triangulated categories in algebraic geometry, diploma thesis, FU Berlin, 2007 [pdf]. Note that the thesis contains a few typos.
- Summer semester 2016: Course on "Lie algebras".
- Winter semester 2015/2016: Course on "Complex geometry".
- Summer semester 2015: Teaching assistant for "Linear Algebra II".
- Winter semester 2014/2015: Course on "Commutative algebra".
- Summer semester 2014: Teaching assistant for the course "Mathematik II für Studierende der Physik".
- Winter semester 2013/2014: Teaching assistant for the course "Mathematik I für Studierende der Physik".
- Summer semester 2013: Course on "Some topics in the representation theory of finite-dimensional algebras". Here are the lecture notes: [pdf]. Comments are welcome at all times.
- Summer semester 2012: Course on triangulated categories. Here are the lecture notes: [pdf]. Comments are welcome at all times.
I was a co-organizer of the "Moduli spaces in algebraic geometry and physics" summer school which was held in Hamburg, August 12-16, 2013.
The North German Algebraic Geometry Seminar is a joint seminar of the Algebraic Geometry groups in Bremen, FU Berlin, HU Berlin, Hamburg, Hannover, Göttingen, Groningen and Oldenburg. I was a co-organizer of its penultimate Hamburg meeting which took place May 03-04, 2012. The homepage of the meeting is here.