Für Studenten / For students
ο μη δαρεις
(Menander, as quoted by Goethe in the frontispice of the first
part of ``Dichtung und Wahrheit'')
Sprechstunden / Office hours:
Montags, 13-14 Uhr. In der vorlesungsfreien Zeit nach Vereinbarung
On mondays, 13-14. Outside the teaching periods, upon appointment by
- Hints on
- If you are interested in writing a (bachelor/master/PhD) thesis
supervision, a good background in algebra and, for certain topics,
in mathematical physics, is helpful. Please do not hesitate
to contact me by e-mail, and do not hesitate to contact other people in
my working group either.
- If you want me to write a letter of reference for you, please
keep in mind that such a letter needs to have a content that is
appropriate for its purpose. Please send me, preferably by e-mail and
as a single pdf-file, either in English or German,
the following pieces of information:
- An overview over your studies, including the results you have
obtained so far. For seminars, please give the topic of your talks.
- Information on the letter:
Which person / organization is going to read the letter?
Precise address of the recipient.
Information on the form (webforms, other forms, free text).
Requirements on the language of the letter.
- Hints on problem solving, in german only:
``Wie bearbeitet man sinnvoll ein Übungsblatt?''
by Prof. Lehn (Mainz)
- Hints on seminar talks, in german only:
``Wie halte ich einen Seminarvortrag?'' by Prof. Lehn (Mainz)