Uni Hamburg M.Sc. Mathematical Physics DESY ZMP Mathematik Uni Hamburg Physik Uni Hamburg

Practical Information

Before arrival

The University of Hamburg runs a website with information for international students. The DAAD's (German Academic Exchange Service) website DAAD gives general advice and information on living and studying in Germany. Other useful sites with general information are

Applicants from outside the EU who anticipate problems or need our assistance in obtaining a visa should contact us well in advance. We will assist you, but the administrative procedures can take a lot of time.

Getting settled in Hamburg

The city of Hamburg and Hamburg University provide a number of services which help international students to settle in Hamburg: