Center for Mathematical Physics, Hamburg
August 27 - 31, 2012
Theme of the conference
In this conference we will bring together researchers in mathematics
and theoretical physics which are involved in recent developments
related to topological field theories. Specifically, the topics
covered are higher categories, Khovanov homology, non-compact
Chern-Simons theory, and topological conformal field theory. The
spectrum of topics is chosen to provide enough common ground between
participants from these fields to stimulate intensive interaction.
Namely, from a mathematical perspective, all topics are related to
structures in representation theories and their categorifications.
On the physics side,
structures inspired or derived from string theory are the unifying link.
Provisorial List of Speakers
- Jørgen Andersen (QGM, Aarhus University)
- Dror Bar-Natan (University of Toronto)
- John Barrett (University of Nottingham)
- Nils Carqueville (LMU München)
- Alberto Cattaneo (Universität Zürich)
- Tudor Dimofte (IAS Princeton)
- Sergei Gukov (Caltech)
- Rinat Kashaev (Université de Genève)
- Scott Morrison (Berkeley)
- Hitoshi Murakami (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Hendryk Pfeiffer (University of British Columbia)
- Ed Segal (Imperial College London)
- Peter Teichner (MPI Bonn)
- Masahito Yamazaki (Princeton University)
Here you can find the conference poster.
Please contact Christoph Wockel if you have any problem with the registration and/or webpage and Ingo Runkel for all kinds of organisational questions.