Research Seminar - Winter term 2012
This is the joint research seminar of the groups
of Christoph Wockel, Christoph Schweigert and Ingo Runkel.
The seminar takes place
The main topics we plan to cover are
- Tuesdays, 14:15-15:45 in 434.
The current plan for the individual sessions is (details will change):
- Extended topological field theories and n-categories
- Hopf monads
- Tue, 16.10: Jeffrey Morton on Categorification and TQFT
- Tue, 23.10: Jeffrey Morton (cont.) and Alessandro Valentino on an outline of Lurie's statement/proof
- Tue, 30.10: Alessandro Valentino part 2
- Tue, 6.11: Simplicial spaces 1 (Sebastian Novak)
- Tue, 13.11: Simplicial spaces 2 (Marc Palm)
- Tue, 20.11: Hopf monads 1 (Jennifer Maier)
- Tue, 27.11: Hopf monads 2 (Jennifer Maier / Alexander Barvels)
- Tue, 4.12: Hopf monads 3 / buffer (Alexander Barvels)
- Mon, 10.12 & Tue, 11.12: Monday 14:15 (room 1240) and Tuesday as usual:
Extensions of tensor categories and its relations with Hopf monads
(Sonja Natale, following
- Tue, 18.12: (no seminar)
- Tue, 8.1: Segal n-categories 1 (Nathan Bowler)
- Tue, 15.1: Segal n-categories 2 (Jeffrey Morton)
- Tue, 22.1: Fully dualisable objects (Alessandro Valentino)
- from Mon, 28.1: 4 talks by Chris Schommer-Pries:
- Mon 10.15-11.45, GRK seminar room,
"The unicity theorem for higher categories"
- Tue 14.15-15.45, room 434,
"An explicit tour of the cobordism hypothesis in dimension one"
- Wed 10.15-11.45, lecture hall H3
"The SO(2)-action from 2-dualizability"
- Thu 10.15-11.45, room 1729
"The SO(3)-action from 3-dualizability"
- Lurie's paper on the classification of TFTs
- Friedmann on simplicial sets
- Segal spaces:
various notions of higher categories, see in particular section 5 by
- Bruguières and Virelizier on Hopf monads