Research Seminar - Summer term 2016
This is the joint research seminar of the groups
of Christoph Schweigert and Ingo Runkel.
The seminar takes place
The plan for this term is (subject to change):
- Tuesdays 14:15-15:45 in room 241
- Tue, 5.4.: (no seminar)
- Tue, 12.4.: Lorant Szegedy on area dependent 2d quantum field theory
- Tue, 19.4.: (PhD defence Jan Priel)
- Tue, 26.4: Jan Hesse
- Tue, 3.5.: Manuel Bärenz will visit the department Mon. 2.5 - Fri. 6.5 (office 1512). He will give two talks on "Dichromatic state sum models and four-dimensional topological quantum field theories from pivotal functors" and one talk on half-twists.
His first talk is: Definition of the invariant in terms of handle decompositions (14:15-15:45, room 241).
- Wed, 4.5.: Manuel Bärenz : The state sum and TQFT construction (10:15-11:45, room 142). In addition, Manuel will give a seminar on half-twists and on noncommutative geometry and 2-dimensional state sum models internal to a involutive monoidal category with half-twist (14:15-15:45, room 415).
- Tue, 10.5.: (no seminar)
- Wed, 18.5.: special seminar: Svea Mierach, MSc defence.
- Tue, 24.5.: Jürgen Fuchs on non-degeneracy of braided finite tensor categories, following Shimizu
- Tue, 31.5.: Jürgen Fuchs (cont'd)
- Tue, 7.6.: (no seminar)
- Tue, 14.6.: Ehud Meir, simulated job talk
- Tue, 21.6.: Nils Carqueville and Gregor Schaumann on 3-dimensional defect TQFTs and their tricategories.
- Tue, 28.6.: Terry Gannon in Hamburg for Colloquium and talk at research seminar
- Tue, 5.7.: Lukas Müller on the universal construction of 3d TFTs
- Tue, 12.7.: Azat Gainutdinov on super group spin chains
- Bärenz, Barrett, Dichromatic state sum models for four-manifolds from pivotal functors
- Akbulut, 4-manifolds
- Gompf, Stipsicz, 4-manifolds and Kirby calculus
- Shimizu, The monoidal center and the character algebra [arXiv:1504.01178]
- Shimizu, Non-degeneracy conditions for braided finite tensor categories [arXiv:1602.06534]