Research Seminar - Summer term 2013
This is the joint research seminar of the groups
of Christoph Wockel, Christoph Schweigert and Ingo Runkel.
The seminar takes place
The main topics we plan to cover are
- Tuesdays 14:15-15:45 in room 531
The plan for the individual sessions is so far (subject to change):
- Nichols algebras
- Some background on von Neumann algebras
- 9.4: Daniel Nett on "Definitions and first examples of Nichols Algebras"
- 16.4: Daniel Nett, part 2 and Alexander Barvels on "Structure theory and classification of
Nichols algebras over abelian groups: PBW basis"
- 23.4: (no research seminar due to Dies Academicus)
- 30.4: Alexander Barvels, part 2.
- 7.5: Jennifer Maier on "Structure theory and classification of
Nichols algebras over abelian groups: Weyl groupoid and root systems"
- 14.5: Simon Lentner on "Application to the classification of pointed Hopf algebras"
- 21.5: (no research seminar: Pentecost break)
- 28.5: Giorgos Chatzigiannis, "von Neumann algebras 1" (after Sunder)
- 4.6: Marc Palm, "von Neumann algebras 2" (after Sunder)
- 11.6: Marc Palm, part 2; start of Alessandro Valentino, "Sketch of the tricategory of conformal nets"
(after Douglas et al.)
- 18.6: Klaus Fredenhagen on nets and quantum field theories;
continuation of Alessandro Valentino's presentation.
- 25.6: continuation of Alessandro Valentino;
David Bücher, "Connes fusion product and some properties" (after Thom)
- 2.7: David Bücher, part 2
- 9.7: Bas Janssens, TBA