65-401 Algebraic Topology
- Lectures: We 14:15 - 15:45 (Geom H2), Fr 12:15 - 13:45 (Geom H1)
- First Lecture: Fr, Apr 8
- Instructor: Tobias Dyckerhoff
- Office: Geomatikum 338
- Email: tobias.dyckerhoffATuni-hamburg de
- Matrix: @tobias.dyckerhoff:matrix.math.uni-hamburg.de
- Tutorial 1 (Jonte Gödicke): Fr 10:15 - 11:45 (Geom 435)
- Tutorial 2 (Tobias Dyckerhoff): Fr 14:15 - 15:45 (Geom 1240)
- First Tutorials: Fr, Apr 22
This course will be an introduction to algebraic topology.
- Simplicial, singular and cellular homology
- Cohomology and the cup product
- Oriented manifolds and Poincaré duality
- Please submit in groups of 2.
- You will need a total score of at least 50% to be admitted to the final exam.
- A. Hatcher: Algebraic Topology, Cambridge University Press, 2002
- G. Bredon, Topology and Geometry, Springer, 2010
- R. Stöcker, H. Zieschang, Algebraische Topologie, Teubner 1994
Familiarity with basic notions of the theory of topological spaces such as the fundamental group (as covered in Chapter I of Hatcher's book).