65-401 Algebraic Topology
- Lectures: We,Fr 12:15 - 13:45
- Instructor: Tobias Dyckerhoff
- Office: Geomatikum 338
- Email: tobias.dyckerhoffATuni-hamburg de
- Matrix: @tobias.dyckerhoff:matrix.math.uni-hamburg.de
- Tutorials: Mo 14:15 - 15:45
The course material (notes, recordings, problem sets) will be maintained in a nextcloud folder.
This course will be an introduction to algebraic topology.
- Simplicial, singular and cellular homology
- Cohomology and the cup product
- Oriented manifolds and Poincaré duality
- A. Hatcher: Algebraic Topology, Cambridge University Press, 2002
- G. Bredon, Topology and Geometry, Springer, 2010
- R. Stöcker, H. Zieschang, Algebraische Topologie, Teubner 1994
Familiarity with basic notions of the theory of topological spaces such as the fundamental group (as covered in Chapter I of Hatcher's book).