Computer tomography (Winter term 2017)
The course will treat computer tomography, i.e. will will discuss the mathematical model (Radon transformation),
theoretical foundations and how to reconstruct from given noisy data. Since the reconstruction problem is a typical example of
an ill-posed inverse problem, we will study also general concepts of solving inverse problems.
In particular the following topics are discussed:
- Expertimental setup and medical application
- The Radon transformation
- The filtered back projection
- Iterative reconstruction methods (ART etc.)
- Background: Solving inverse problems (only introduction into the topic).
- One exercises sheet every 2 weeks;
- It is recommended to solve the exercises regularly in order to pass the final exam.
- The exercises consits of both theoretical and pratical (Matlab) exercises.