FOUNDATIONS OF THE FORMAL SCIENCES III
Complexity in Mathematics and Computer Science
How to submit an Abstract and apply for an EU
If you find the details on this page confusing, have a look at
Requirements in a Nutshell.
Please follow the steps on this page in order to register for the
conference FotFS III:
- All people willing to register for FotFS III have to send an
e-mail to email@example.com with the following
- Your full name,
- your country of citizenship,
- your country of permanent residence,
- your affiliation, and
- your full address.
- If you want to submit an abstract, please check a couple of
If you were positive on both questions, you can submit an abstract
by adding the following information to your registration e-mail
- All speakers at the conference FotFS III have to satisfy the
"young researcher" criterion of the
European Commission. If you don't satisfy this, please don't submit
an abstract. Since the conference FotFS III is in close
cooperation with the
15. ÖMG-Kongress, you can submit an abstract to that conference
- Please check that the deadline for submitting an abstract
hasn't passed. The deadline is June 15th, 2001. If the
deadline has passed, you can send an e-mail to
firstname.lastname@example.org asking whether submissions are still
Please send this information in the text body of the e-mail. Do not
attach any formatted files containing the abstract. If the abstract
contains formulae, display them in the e-mail
using the standard LaTeX code.
- your date of birth,
- dates of actual time spent in compulsory military or civil service
as well as time spent off work for childcare (only if necessary
to meet the "young researcher" criterion),
- the title of your talk,
- the section your talk is supposed to belong to, and
- an abstract of at most 15 lines.
- You may also be eligible
for an EU Travel Grant. Before you apply for a travel grant, please
check the following:
If you are eligible for an EU Travel Grant and want to apply for it,
please add the following data to your registration e-mail to
- EU Travel Grants may be given only to citizens of
EU countries or one of the Associated
States. Please check that you are either a citizen of
an EU country or an Associated State.
- Please check again that the deadline
hasn't passed. The deadline for applying for an EU travel grant is
June 15th, 2001.
Again, send this information in the text body of the e-mail. Do not
attach any formatted files containing the CV.
In addition to that, please ask a permanent faculty member of your
home institution to send a brief (about 10 to 25 lines) letter of
recommendation for you. Again, the letter of recommendation should
be sent by e-mail to email@example.com as a text file.
- an estimate of travel expenses (including travel, accommodation
and the conference fee),
- a short CV with a list of publications.
You will receive a brief confirmation of receipt. We intend to
be able to inform you of our decision by the end of July, 2001.
Last changed: April 27th, 2001